Thursday, May 26, 2011

I saved P1,099 the other day ....

One fine day while checking the bookshelves of ' Powerbooks ' at Glorrieta 3 to find a good read , I came across the book of David Cottrell entitled ' Monday Morning Choices ' the title itself caught my attention. I love books, I love reading them and learning from them. I also find self-help and book of motivation interesting to read. More often than not those things written are the exact same things that I already  know but I just needed to be reminded from time to time. I quickly picked up the book and flipped to see the price tag. It was a good read that goes well with the price tag, hahaha! So, I mentally scribbled numbers in my head but instead I got a better idea ( nagpaka kuripot ako ,baket bah?! hahaha) . I looked for the copy that is opened for the public to read and yes, I read the book in about 30mins at the Powerbooks store and saved a good amount of money for myself ... :)


a good read ...



To be honest the content of the book are the basics, it talks about 'responsibility, intergrity, committment, passion , and many other values. But what makes it different with all the other books I've read that almost had the same content? This book didn't made me feel like ' i have to do this and that to become better ' it simply highlighted the fact that ' i have a choice ' of whether or not I will follow these 12 rules mentioned it's still all up to me. True , coz having a choice is a priviledge and this book made me feel that I can either shell the money out of my tight pocket or choose to read it for free, either way it'll work. I just have to choose what works best for me ..



It has always been my dream to have a mini-library in a house that I will build one day and I can see this book completing my bookshelves. Kudos to the writer!!!!


~ gvgracy~

No comments:

Post a Comment