Sunday, May 8, 2011

You're the Man .. A Victory once more ...

Photos courtesy of Google
My friends from California and Dubai were lucky enough to watch the fight of ' Pacquiao and Mosley ' Live while I was waiting for them to send me good news. Indeed, our very own People's Champ grabbed the Victory once more, I'm not surprised though coz since day 1 I've always believed in Manny Pacquiao. For me , he is already a winner , a champion , a legend. I have a passing memory of a young Manny Pacquiao way back I guess late 1990's , I really can't give you the exact year, but I can still vividly remember this neophyte in the field of boxing jumping out of joy when he won his fight. I don't know him, I just catched a glimpse of that victory when I had to tell my papa whos a major fan of boxing that my mama was looking for him. I remembered my papa saying ' Magaling na bata '. Until one day , I was awaken by this man's name being flashed in the news left and right. All of a sudden his name became so familiar and in no time he became the most popular and successful athlete in his time. Least did we all know that he was not an overnight success , that this man who is now living the grandest life once had a discomforting life. I've heard many versions of the stories , of how this man climb up to the ladder of his magnificient success. Some versions are heartwarming others are I think are product of some fabricated stories from someone else's opinions. But whatever's the versions of your story is or our story , I'm glad ABS-CBN came up with a brief documentary yesterday ( May 7, 2011  hosted by Diane Castillejo ) with a brief deccription of Manny Pacquiao himself narrating how hard his life was before and how he simply would want to help his family to have a comfortable life. I was glad because nothing can be more clearer and truthful than Manny Pacquiao telling all people how he fought his way up to where he is now. He is indeed making and creating a history right before our very eyes. He deserves everything he has now and all the things he will still be recieving. He is , I know a very good man. A kind hearted , generous and compassionate person. I don't know him personally, I just learned to get to know this person from afar, from the news and magazines that tell tales and stories about of him. I have seen most of his fights if not all and he had always, always made me feel so proud of his achievements. And today , May 8, 2011 marks another history as our People Champ, Manny ' Pacman ' Pacquiao's grabbed another victorious fight over Mosley in MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada. Truly, all his hard works and sacrfices paid off. He made all Filipino Proud once more , putting the Philippines in the pedestal. As for me, I can never be even prouder that Manny and I share two common things , Us being a Filipino and a resident of a humble City of General Santos.

Again, Congratulations, Manny Pacquiao !!! I share with you the success you're having , the happiness you are getting and your over flowing blessings. Keep up the great , great job and thank you from the bottom of my heart for winning the fight again and for sharing the same interest in wanting all the Filipinos Proud.

~ gvgracy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment