Friday, July 29, 2011

~ Eat. Pray.Love ~



Watching "Eat. Pray. Love"  movie trailer last year at youtube made me so excited about it not to mention that I am a huge fan of Julia Roberts until I finally found myself inside the cinema enjoying every scenes and dialogues of the movie. I find it to be personal and so I have added it on my personal favorite list of movies. I had waited for months and months and the wait was well worth it. I know this sounds too late to blog about but then I realized in years to come when I want to remember what were the things I liked , people who has touched my life, events that contributed to what I had become and even the places I've been through, random things I did that I want to be reminded of, the foods, books and even movies that moved me in more ways than one ,then I want  'Eat.Pray.Love'  to be carved on what will be my 'future referrences' of what has been.  

'Elizabeth Gilbert' inspired me to stop waiting for things to happen. Sure there could be a lot of oppurtunities to learn this and I need not to see the movie to actually learn it but it helps to know that someone just went out there and made it happen. She suffered a terrible divorce and for a woman like her who decided to heal her broken heart meant packing few clothes and essentials and travel part of the world was a very unconventional way of mending a wounded heart but it sure worked for her, lucky she's got money to afford such an expensive way to be healed but it sure worked for her.



 Like the rest of us , we sure will do whatever it takes to heal a broken heart it's just that sometimes there are people who chose to dwell on the pain instead of glueing themselves back together but however we choose our way to that road to acceptance and healing depends on how we cope with our own pain and no one should ever tell us how we will ever get there. This is exactly what I like most about the movie, if you feel like packing your things and walking out of the world doesn't make you a bad person it only means that you're doing yourself a favor and you don't get to apologize on how you fix what was broken.



It made me realized all the more that I owe it  to myself to be responsible of what I feel and when to feel it or how long I should keep myself from feeling it because only I should know when is enough. I realized that I can always go wherever I want, do whatever I want and even choose whoever I want without hesitations without reservations without fears only when I know I am ready. Like Liz, she went to see the world, experience what she thought she needed to experience, go through the pain and confront them whenever she has to but never stopping herslef until she think she reached the end and finally affirm to herself that all is well.



                           " I don't have to love you to prove that I love myself  " - Liz on Felipe.




1 comment:

  1. i like the film too. although there were moments, i have to admit that i may have caught forty winks. ;)
    she's just lucky, as you mentioned, that she has lots of money to spare on those travels. pwede din perhaps in the phils, ilocos, iloilo, and isabela perhaps..?
    nice blog. keep it up. cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete