Saturday, October 22, 2011

.. Once upon a Gracy ..

the grown up me ..
Today I found myself inside my room ( YES my ROOM in GENSAN ). I spent half of the time wandering what happened to the place I used to spend most of the time in the past. It was so dull , bare and lifeless. Oh well , our house in GenSan really badly needs renovation. I remember asking my Papa when he was still alive why didn't you built a house in cement, why did you chose a double-wall house? He said it was his intention to build a house out of wood because he lives in the province ( though he was born and raised in Manila until he fell inlove with my Mother who is from Mindanao and when he also fell inlove in a provincial way of life ). My Papa would often tell me before our house will be renovated after 10 yrs ( due on 2003 supposed to be ) and we can choose however we want to decorate our own room but unfortunately he died in 2001.

Once upon a Gracy , I was too eager to reach 2003 because I can't wait to have my room renovated and be redecorated. I can't wait for it to be painted with pink or blue and fill my bed with stuffed toys that I like. But it didn't came. So, I just went about with what I had. But being the ever resourceful me, I was able to make my room look just right for me, I had it painted blue ( done by me and my male cousin so it doesn't look real good, hahaha!! ). I placed two stuffed toy on my bed ( Mickey Mouse and Pooh Bear ). I had a hanging book shelve for my books and my Mom bought me a TV and Dvd Player for my room. It was all perfect. A haven actually.

And so the Once upon a Gracy changes priorities, goals, wants and needs in life. I went to find myself elsewhere that led me to leave my hometown, friends,family and my room. I go back from time to time though but it saddened me morethan anything to see my room so sad without me. And so I made amends, my house and my room most especially will have a new look very very soon. I am just so excited.

... as i am trying to end my entry , i can't help but be giddy and excited.. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment